Buyer Credit Credendo
- Competitive advantage for the Belgian exporter which can offer a financing solution to the foreign buyer for limited amounts
- The Belgian exporter is sure to be paid
- Credit structure and pricing comply with OECD rules
- Credendo – Export Credit Agency directly grants the structured export credit to the foreign buyer for amounts of up to EUR 8 million, and with a tenor between 2 and 5 years
- The Belgian exporter can draw on the credit and will receive cash payment for the execution of the commercial contract
- The foreign buyer obtains an MLT credit to buy Belgian capital goods, services or contract works. It will reimburse the credit at the due dates to Credendo - Export Credit Agency
- No bank needed
A Belgian exporter willing to offer a financing solution to its foreign buyer can ask Credendo – Export Credit Agency to grant an export credit to the foreign buyer, but only if the following specific conditions are met:
- credit amount between EUR 2 and 8 million;
- credit tenor between 2 and 5 years;
Eligible transactions are export contracts of capital goods, services and contract works with a min. 15% cash advance payment, and consequently a credit for max. 85% of the contract value.
The loan directly granted to the foreign buyer by Credendo – Export Credit Agency will comply with OECD rules.
The Belgian exporter can draw on the loan and will receive cash payment for the delivery of goods and services made under the commercial contract.
Repayment will be in quarterly instalments (equal in principal but increased by a decreasing interest amount).
Credendo – Export Credit Agency offers a complete range of products with the same goal: controlling risks related to foreign buyers in foreign countries. The ECA’s products are specifically destined for capital goods, services and contract works from Belgium. Not only Belgian exporters but also banks can make use of the products, which can also result in various financing solutions for the exporter and/or the foreign buyer.
Being the official Export Credit Agency for Belgium, Credendo – Export Credit Agency complies with OECD rules concerning the structure of export credits as well as the regulated premium percentage.