NOW HIRING: Credit and Political Risk Underwriter (Geneva, hybrid)
Credit and Political Risk Underwriter
We currently have a vacant position in our Single Risk Team, for a Credit and Political Risk Underwriter.
The Single Risk Team is dedicated to customized, individual credit insurance solutions for corporates, financial institutions and traders. The position is based in Geneva and will involve occasional travel (international).
- Credit Analysis: You will analyze and assess a wide range of credit related and political risks of international financial and commercial transactions.
- Review of business opportunities: You will evaluate and review business opportunities originated through specialized political and credit risk brokers.
- Preparation of Insurance Proposals: Prepare, present and defend files to the various credit committees following internal guidelines.
- Negotiation, Issuance and Monitoring of Policies: You will negotiate and issue insurance policies and monitor these policies and their underlying risks (collection, analysis and assessment of new information).
- Underwriting Administration: You will ensure the proper administration of insurance policies in accordance with internal and external rules and regulations, in close collaboration with our middle & back office team.
- Develop Broker and Client Relationships: You will develop international relations with brokers and clients to detect new business opportunities and foster our business relationship
- Support Underwriting Strategy: You will support the Underwriting Team in developing its strategy concerning risk portfolio and clients acquisition
- You have a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Law or similar
- You have 3+ year-experience in credit insurance, banking industry or the credit department of an international corporate
- You are fluent in English and French
- You are interested in Finance, International Economics, Geopolitics and the Insurance Industry
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have good interpersonal skills and are client oriented
- You are a well-organized person with a particular focus on quality
- You are stress resistant and able to work both in a team and on your own
- You have a good command of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- You will work in an international and dynamic environment
- As a highly specialized company we offer a position that provides a comprehensive insight into our business
- Hybrid working (work up to 2 days a week from home)
- We offer an attractive salary supplemented by fringe benefits
- Our office is located in Geneva City Centre, easily accessible by public transportation
INTERESTED? Please send your CV and covering letter to Kerljine Van Steen, firstname.lastname@example.org.