Job opportunity: Internal Auditor
We are a part of the Credendo, the fourth largest group of European credit insurance companies specializing in credit insurance in fifteen European countries. We are looking for Internal auditor to strengthen our team in Prague.
The objective of the Internal Auditor is to ascertain that the ongoing processes for controlling operations throughout the company are adequately designed and are functioning in an effective manner. The Internal auditor is also responsible to provide regular reports to the Management Board and Supervisory Board on the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal control, together with ideas, counsel, and recommendations to improve the systems, procedures and processes. Internal Audit is one of the key functions in the company and as such, Internal Auditor will also provide company with all cooperation for communication with the regulator. The Internal Auditor performs himself the execution of audits in company as well as support the Group Internal Audit Department with those activities linked to Credendo Short-Term EU Risks.
- In coordination with Group Internal Audit, contributing to the group internal audit “risk based” approach development and to the resulting yearly internal audit plan for the entity.
- Cooperate with Group Chief Internal Auditor and the Group Internal Audit on organizing and planning the execution of the audit missions as foreseen in the yearly approved internal audit plan.
- Analyzing and evaluating the adequacy of process and the effectiveness of controls.
- Lead audit engagements or entrusted part of the verifications and prepare audit documentation and reports in required quality with sufficient and adequate supporting documentation.
- Issue practical and value added recommendations to the relevant management bodies in order to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Provide comprehensive assessment, articulate adequate conclusions, and give balanced opinion about the audited area.
- Performing periodic follow-up process on internal audit recommendations issued and coordinating an adequate follow-up with local teams and Group internal Audit team; ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scale.
- Monitor development in local and European legislation, best practices, technologies and applications to become a subject matter expert in entrusted area.
- Assisting the Group Chief internal auditor for the development of the group internal audit approach and methodology
- Master degree or equivalent in economics, finance or related field
- Relevant work experience in internal audit area in finance sector - professional certification (e.g. CIA, ACCA) is an advantage.
- Very good command of English and Czech both written and spoken, other language is advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, systematic approach, critical thinking, thinking outside the box.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills (also in English)
- Ability to solve issues independently, be effective in organization and prioritization, be reliable, show ownership of assigned tasks and drive them further.
- Effort to learn, focus on quality, be innovative, have personal integrity and empathy.
- Willingness to travel abroad (Europe)
- Contract for indefinite period
- Pleasant working environment in Prague 4 in the immediate vicinity of the Pankrác metro station
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of using a home office
- 6 weeks holiday or 5 weeks holiday incl. flexi passes and a number of employee benefits, sick days
- Contributions to pension and building savings, meal allowance
- Working in a small team of professionals with a friendly corporate culture
- Flexibility of working hours (we also offer the possibility of working part-time)
- Opportunities for further personal and professional development and education
- Opportunity to work in the international environment of a stable company from the financial sector subject to regulation by the Czech National Bank
If you are interested, please send your CV including motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org